Saturday 20 February 2021

The good new stuff playlist #1

Having spent the week listening the artists who have submitted songs to Musosoup, I've learnt something I knew already, that there is so much fab new music about that we can safely live without the harsher end of the music biz. I also discovered something I didn't know; that 80s style synth pop, synthwave or whatever you want to call it is back with a bang. 

I'm not sure what I expected to find by way of genres but this is music you can make in your bedroom so it makes sense that as bands struggle to get together that this would be the music of lockdown. 

Find all the artists featured at their Socials and follow them on Spotify...

 Mantis State  Chris D'lima Karianne Jean Ben Xylo  Nocturnal's The Shop Window  The Woods
Zipten Zelha  Waxworks. Youth Antics Hypheria

Lindsay Ruth Young is the first addition to the playlist, cracking little song called 'Still'. Some Massive Attack stuff going on here...

One song that I selected isn't on Spotify, but as the video for Johnny Cleveland's Order of Courage live beats encapsulates the DIY ethos of much of this fab playlist that I've included it below.



No comments:

Post a Comment